Friday, October 26, 2007

Meditating on chocolate

I was awake this morning at 5 AM! Why did I get up at 5 am? To make chocolate in quiet meditative solitude.
I thought about making chocolate the night before but could not bring myself to go into a kitchen full of people after a 2 hour long bus ride from Barbur Blvd to downtown to home! Sometimes I just reach my limit in terms of social interaction and need to choose my room over public space.
And so I woke up early to the quiet and solitude of the morning. Nobody else is crazy enough to get up that early. I slowly melted, mixed and banged pots and bowls and probably woke up one or more of my roommates who have bedrooms near to the kitchen, but it was a grand time! I made my small little batch of three layered theobroma cacao and still had enough time to catch 15 more minutes of sleep before work..... yawn.... I must get to bed again soon because tomorrow I actually have to work at 5 AM. I can guarantee the getting up will not be nearly as meditative as chocolate. Sweet Dreams!

No comments: