Tuesday, October 9, 2007

First two chocolates . . . . SOLD!

Today... formally . . . . officially...momentously.... the chocolates were put out in the case for sale at The Little Red Bike. I had no time to make signs or an informational sheet or anything to identify these fantastic treats... but still two sold! I am definately not a sales person (I need Miss Rhea to come help me with that). In fact, right after the first woman (with great toad stool earrings) asked to buy the first chocolate I got kinda shaky and spilled hot coffee all over my hand and the floor. Then I ran in back and hid. I am perfectly ok handing out my chocolates to everyone (in fact that's been one of our biggest problems because we give away so many and have no money) but as soon as I'm selling them... it takes on a whole new meaning. Thankfully the toad stool woman peaked her head into the kitchen and said "The chocolate was amazing!"

I was walking on air. Actually, skipping and jumping and dancing. Yes, we do put on a show in the Little Red Bike kitchen every time a chocolate is sold.

I really have a lot to say about the chocolate(I ate one... for each one sold), but the selling part will have to take some practice. Tonight, I will hopefully have something informational written up so that I can distribute it tomorrow. I also plan on giving out samples tomorrow, so stop by the cafe to try a chocolate!

Thank you to Alli and Evan for being so rad! It's really awesome to have two people who really believe in what Rhea and I are trying to do, supporting and celebrating with us. Also thanks to Jake for making an investment in some raw chocolate and for his transportational services... he has a car. He has never been thanked publicly before and is very excited to have his name mentioned.

Peace
M

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, CR. Hope some of your confections are still in stock when I come to work at LRBC on Sat.

The Chocolate Rabbit: Miss Rhea Anne and Miss Meghan Josephine said...

Thank you Madeline. I am sure I can arrange a special tasting for you! :)